Sent on behalf of the Welsh Centre for International Affairs/Climate Cymru
We're involved in an exciting new campaign - Climate.Cymru. We are hoping to take over 50,000 voices from Wales to the UN climate change conference in Glasgow in November 2021 (COP26) to demand evidence-based climate action from our leaders. We also want to showcase some of the exciting action being taken in Wales in response to the climate and nature emergencies.
To be successful, we want as many diverse voices involved as we can and would love it if your organisation would sign up as a partner.
Partner organisations will be featured on the Climate.Cymru website.
What are we asking partners to do?
- sign up to our social media channels and website (below)
- share the campaign with their networks and encourage people to add their voices – at the moment, we have a sign up on the website, but will soon be adding opportunities for individuals to literally add their voices
- agree to our principles (below)
- we also welcome partners to join the steering group to shape the campaign
To become a partner, complete this short form.
Principles of Climate.Cymru
- We recognise the urgency of the climate and nature emergencies
- We value and include voices from across communities in Wales
- We support the need to focus on green and just actions, recognising the unequal impacts of climate change and, sometimes, climate action
- We believe actions should be rooted in the best available evidence
- We believe action should be aligned to the 7 goals and 5 ways of working in the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act