Due to the need to respond quickly to the emergency they have created a streamlined application process and payment process to make it easier to get funds distributed quickly.
If your application is successful the fund will provide a single payment award of £500 to organisations who are supporting vulnerable groups.
The programme is set up to support organisational need in this time of crisis rather than fund specific projects.
Typically, the fund will prioritise organisations;
- whose need for services has been disrupted – for example a food bank whose stocks are running low and need an immediate donation to enable the food bank to restock.
- require to put in place new services – for example charities setting up a new home service for the elderly who usually attend a monthly lunch club or a charity needing to set up a telephone service to support beneficiaries.
- Increased demand – a holiday hunger club needs more resources due to schools closing, or a children’s centre needs an additional temporary staff member.
Applications will be welcomed from a wide range of organisations including: voluntary/community organisations, registered charities, schools, health bodies, Parish/Town councils, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies, community councils, local authorities and social housing organisations. Other not-for-profit organisations might also be eligible.
Businesses and ‘for profit’ organisations are not eligible.
Typically we would welcome applications from organisations such as ;
- Women’s refuges
- Food banks
- Homeless charities
- Charities supporting the elderly
- Charities supporting children’s activities
However, this list is not exhaustive and other organisational types will be funded. This is a rolling programme, where community groups or charities can apply for funding at any time during the next few months; we expect to be making weekly awards to eligible groups across the UK.
For any queries please contact: tescocv(at)groundwork.org.uk