Get Into Construction!
November 2020 sees the start of the next Prince’s Trust Cymru Get Into Construction programme with Welsh Water.
This is a 2-week programme for young people aged 18-30 in South Wales who have an interest in working within the Water Industry.
"We will be running three consecutive programmes that will be split into one digital week and one face-to-face week of work experience and qualifications"
- Week 1 will be delivered digitally within the weeks of the 16th, 23rd and 30th November (young people will be assigned a week).
- Week 2 will take place in Feb/March 2021 and will include work-experience, site visits and the young people will complete qualifications including SHEA Water and Water Hygiene Training.
The programme aims to give young people an insight into a career in the Water Industry as well as valuable work experience and qualifications that will best equip them to gain employment within the sector.
Week 2 of the programme will be based in the Rhymney, Bargoed area so young people who are interested in joining the programme must be able to travel here.
Anyone interested in being considered should now sign up for the Taster Day which will be taking place on Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th November 2020.
Please contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 842 842 to register interest.
- Criminal records are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Travel costs are reimbursed.
- Young people must have access to a device so they can access the digital week of the course.
- Young people must be reliable and motivated! Work in the construction industry involves early starts & may involve travelling a distance to site so these skills are key.
- Week 2 of the programme has had to be scheduled for 2021 due to current Covid lockdown restrictions.