The aim of the Social Value Development Fund is to fund new or to extend existing social value sector preventative services and activities that fill and bridge gaps in current provision that improve mental and physical well-being, help individuals to live an independent life with the aim of reducing the need for higher level intervention. The funding has been made available from the Powys Regional Partnership Board via the Social Value Forum.
- The total value of the fund is circa £40,000, no limits have been set on the amount that can be applied for as the panel will make decisions based on the best use of the available resources.
- The fund is available for revenue costs only.
- The funding must be spent by 31st March 2023.
- The funding is to pump-prime a new or extended service, therefore applications need to clearly show how the service/activity will continue after 31ST March 2023.
- As part of the funding, successful applicants will be provided with the opportunity to work with the PAVO Active Offer Officer.
- All applicants, successful or otherwise, will have the opportunity to receive support from a PAVO Development Officer.
Application deadline is 5pm Wednesday 31st August 2022
The following gaps that have been identified by PAVO Community Connectors and Statutory Services will be prioritised but not limited to;
- The provision of good neighbour schemes offering low level, practical help to people. (Collaboration with Amser i Ni time banking initiative is encouraged)
- Strengthening the provision of community transport, with a particular focus on transport for young people and people that live with disabilities.
- The provision of befriending services for young people.
- The maximisation and encouragement of intergenerational provision where appropriate.