Training dates are now available with the Powys Health and Care Academy Skills Hwb, covering everything from cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to sector awareness and career support.
The skills hwb is the place to go for both training and support for anyone looking to start a new career in the health and social care sector in Powys. It can provide coaching and training, give advice on your job prospects and career pathways, help to prepare you for employment, with mentoring support along the way and signpost you to work experience and voluntary roles.
The skills hwb is being run by NPTC Group of Colleges for the Powys Health and Care Academy (HCA) and is being funded by Arwain, the LEADER Programme in Powys.*
To find out more call 0845 4086 253, email arwain(at)nptcgroup.ac.uk or visit the NPTC Group of Colleges website: https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/apprenticeships/powys-health-and-care-skills-hwb/
Powys HCA has been set up by Powys Regional Partnership Board which is made up of a range of public bodies and other representatives, including Powys County Council, Powys Teaching Health Board and Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations, who are working together through the academy to improve access to education, training and development, and available careers within the sector.
Alec Thomas, Manager of Pathways Training for NPTC Group of Colleges, said: “We are committed to creating opportunities for people who are interested in pursuing a career in the health and care sector in Powys. And if this is a pathway that interests you, we have a wide range of training sessions available that can help to boost your knowledge, understanding and skill levels.”
Powys Health and Care Skills Hwb Training dates:
- 13, 14 and 15 September – Sector Awareness and Career Support
- 22 September – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 27, 28 and 29 September – Care and Clinical Awareness
- 30 September – Training, Mentoring 4 U
- 4, 5 and 6 October – Sector Awareness and Career Support
- 15 October – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 16, 17 and 18 October – Care and Clinical Awareness
- 29 October – Training, Mentoring 4 U
- 8 November – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 8, 9 and 10 November – Business Enterprise Skills Training
- 13, 14 and 15 November – Care and Clinical Awareness
- 22, 23 and 24 November – Sector Awareness and Career Support
- 30 November – Training, Mentoring 4 U
- 3 December – Training, Mentoring 4 U
- 6, 7 and 8 December – Sector Awareness and Career Support
- 10 December – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- 13, 14 and 15 December – Care and Clinical Awareness