UPDATE: Places are no longer available for East Wales candidates. If you or your employee either live or work in West Wales you can still apply for a place.
Funded by Welsh Assembly Government, 'Aspiring Leaders' offers free training to any woman currently in employment in Wales who has not yet undertaken similar training or been employed in a leadership role. The Women’s Career Development Programme - operated by Chwarae Teg - offers a rolling program of opportunities to which both organisations (on behalf of emloyees) and individuals are invited to apply.
The courses offered involve the following:
Getting to Know you
This initial meeting will enroll you onto the programme and help you to identify where you are now and what you’d like to achieve in your work (virtual meeting via Microsoft teams)
6 virtual classroom sessions (one every two weeks) where you’ll learn the key skills to move from team member to leading a team as well as inspiring, motivating and empowering you to be the best you can be.
• Day 1 : Curious - Discover how to change your thinking and identify your skills
• Day 2 : Clarity - Explore the skills to bring out the leader in you
• Day 3 : Communicate - Understand the power of effective communications
• Day 4 : Collaborate - Learn how to grow a successful team
• Day 5 : Confidence - Understand assertiveness and how to manage confidently
• Day 6 : Change - Develop and plan the future confident you
You’ll complete 4 reflective reviews throughout your course which will be assessed to gain you an ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills.
Your Career Development Partner will meet with you around 4-6 weeks after your course to complete your learning journey. This will be a final two hour meeting either in person (if possible), via telephone, Teams or Skype.
Join us and your fellow learners to celebrate your success and formally be presented with your qualification - You Did It!
To find out more
Get in touch with Rachel Wilson, Enagement Partner at Chwarae Teg either by email or by calling 07495564355.