The Start Well Partnership is responsible for taking forward the Regional Partnership Board’s work to strengthen and transform services for children and young people in Powys as set out in Powys’ Health and Care Strategy. In particular:
- We will provide integrated community hubs with education, communities and voluntary sector, ensuring local accessible services.
- We will develop a holistic programme with communities to support play, mental and physical activity, utilising outdoor green space.
- We will invest in emotional and behavioural support for families, children and young people to build resilience and support transition to adulthood.
- We will make the maximum positive impact within the first 1000 days of a child’s life, focusing on preventing adverse childhood experiences.
- We will target resources towards disadvantaged families.
- We will support and assist young carers.
- We will support children and families to create the foundations of good health throughout their life. This includes healthy weights, positive diet and activity, personal resilience and relationships and other steps that will reduce the risk of developing the main four causes of ill health and premature mortality in their later life:
- circulatory diseases
- respiratory diseases
- mental health problems
- We will offer young people and families a fully integrated experience of health and care.
- We will ensure health and care work closely with education providers to support young people and develop healthy behaviours.
- We will work with partners to ensure young people are safeguarded.
The Partnership has a number of sub-groups taking forward its activities in fields such as play, which involve local third sector organisations.
- Dyfed-Powys Police
- Powys County Council
- Powys Teaching Health Board
- Powys Public Health Team
Arrangements for the inclusion of Third sector organisations, Children and young people and carers are currently being developed.
PAVO/Third Sector Representation:
Peter Lathbury (PAVO Head of Third Sector Support)
Meeting Schedule: every two months.