Powys Advocacy Network was launched with the aim of promoting closer collaboration across organisations whose primary purpose is the delivery of an advocacy service or who provide a range of services including advocacy. Network members provide information, advice and updates on what is happening in Advocacy across Powys, across all ages. Membership includes Mental Health Advocacy, Children's Advocacy, Adults and Older Adults (including those people living with Learning Disabilities, Unpaid Carers and Dementia). The Network meets on a quarterly basis across Powys. The Network is chaired and administered by Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations (PAVO).
Dates for Network Meetings
You can read the notes/minutes from the previous meetings here:
30 January 2017 - Co-commissioning/Co-production Advocacy Workshop
7 September 2017
4 December 2017 - postponed
26 March 2018
Other Useful Information:
First meeting was held with third sector, private sector and health board colleagues exploring the needs to:
1. Overcome issues relating to nursing recruitment, share learning and/or possible processes
2. Share best practice, through rotation of staff, action learning sets, regular meetings
3. Share training as part of Nursing Revalidation, but also in general for updating/learning new skills. Explore synergies around eLearning packages. There are local nurses who have specific/advanced skills (some of whom are in the 3rd sector. Explore how these skills can be utilised/shared.
4. Explore closer collaboration between District Nurses/Practice Nurses with other nursing colleagues across Powys.
5. Explore the needs around clinical and peer supervision, whether this is within a group or 1:1. This links with sharing best practice but also underpins the principles within Nursing Revalidation.
25 April 2017
24 July 2017 - postponed
26 September 2017
6 December 2017
29 January 2018
1 March 2018
Dementia Friend sessions
Powys County Council Training Unit are offering places for Dementia Friend training sessions,
Please book your places via firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01597 827333
14 8.18 10.15 - 12pm in the Conference Room, Hendre Ladus Council Offices, Ystradgynlais,
20.9.18 10.45 - 12.15pm in the Conference Room, Neuadd Brycheiniog Brecon LD3 7HR
19.10.18 10.15 - 12pm in the Conference Room, Hendre Ladus Council Offices, Ystrad
There are limited places available but will put more sessions on if needed.
Training Unit, Powys County Council 01597 827333
Powys Dementia Network event Spring 2018 held in Newtown
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database