The Diversity and Equality sub-group is working to promote diversity and equality issues within the Alliance, so that these issues can be fully represented as the Alliance works with Welsh Government, the Arts Council of Wales and other bodies supporting the arts in Wales.
The WCA is made up of different working groups which deal with a number of different issues relevant to the arts and culture sector in Wales, including Diversity & Equality, Welsh Language, Climate & Culture, Education & Participation, Collaboration, Economy, as well as an Agile Response Group and a Steering Group.
We would like more people from across all the diverse communities of Wales who have an interest in and knowledge of the arts to join the Alliance and be part of any of these groups.
You can sign up to the Alliance mailing list here.
This means you will receive all Alliance news by email. If you would like more information about joining any group in the Alliance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By diverse individuals we mean, including but not limited to:
● · Black, Asian and Ethnically Diverse
● · Gypsies, Roma and Travellers
● · Asylum Seekers and Refugees
● · Disabled people. This includes:
- People with mobility impairments.
- People with sensory impairments.
- People with learning impairments / disabilities.
- People who experience mental ill health.
- People with long-term health conditions.
● · Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans people.
- People from diverse socio-economic groups or classes.
● · People of diverse faiths and religions.
- People who feel their cultural identity is excluded, marginalised or under represented.
The Diversity, Equality and Inclusion group holds meetings by Zoom monthly, meetings last for approximately an hour and a half and Welsh and English are used. We welcome people who speak all languages and will do our best to accommodate access requirements during meetings.
We actively encourage the use of Welsh.
If you would like to get involved with the Diversity, Equality and Inclusion group please email Amanda at email@example.com, giving your name and contact details, a brief paragraph about how your experience relates to equality and diversity and your interest in and knowledge of the arts and any access requirements you would have for Zoom meetings. You can join the meetings when it works for you. Thank you, we look
forward to hearing from you.