The fund is managed by a Community Fund Panel made up of representatives from the local community councils. The fund is administered by PAVO.
Applications are invited from groups and projects which benefit the communities living in the following community council areas:
Bettws y Crwyn
Consideration may be given to an application from outside these areas at the discretion of the fund panel but only if it can be shown that such an application provides a demonstrable benefit to those communities within the area of benefit.
To apply for a grant community groups or organisations must be properly constituted. You do not need to be a registered charity, but you must be able to demonstrate community benefit. The fund welcomes applications from organisations that make a difference across a range of areas including:
- community buildings - projects which maintain and develop buildings being used and run by the community, especially projects which help ensure their sustainability for the future
- community transport initiatives.
- conservation, wildlife and animal sanctuary projects - in particular those which improve communal land
- education and skills development. The elderly - projects focused on improving access to activities and services.
- energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- health and sport - projects that help provide access to services that aim to improve the health and well-being of the local community.
- heritage - projects that celebrate protect and promote local culture, history and heritage.
- regeneration - community projects that help to reduce crime levels, increase employment, housing or the physical environment.
- self-help groups - community groups that deliver basic services.
- vulnerable people - projects which enable increased access to services and facilities for people with disabilities, the homeless and those disadvantaged.
- young people - projects which focus on improving access to services where young people can play a key role in decision making.
- any other project that benefits the community
- There must be wider benefit to the community with all projects funded from the fund.
- Community fund guidelines
Garreg Llwyd Hill Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund Application Pack
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 16th December 2019