Please see this update from GamCare about the services and support they can offer in Powys.
"GamCare is an independent charity and we are the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by problem gambling across England, Scotland and Wales. We offer a wide menu of free, flexible and confidential support to those affected by gambling harms. We support around 40,000 each year through our Helpline and treatment services.
Our team can support your clients to change their relationship with gambling and improve their quality of life through face to face, online and telephone therapeutic interventions. There is no wrong door to accessing our treatment services – clients can refer themselves, or you can do this on their behalf.
GamCare can offer the following support and treatment services:
- One to one telephone and live chat support, including brief interventions, through the National Gambling HelpLine on Freephone 0808 80 20 133 or via www.gamcare.org.uk (available 24 hours a day).
- One-to one face-to-face, online and telephone therapeutic support and treatment for people with gambling problems as well as family and friends who are impacted by gambling.
- Group based Gambling Recovery Courses delivered face to face or online for between six to eight weeks.
- Guided online treatment modules for gamblers which can be accessed at a time and place convenient for the client over the course of eight weeks, with additional telephone support from a GamCare practitioner.
- Relapse Prevention support groups.
- Self-help resources for people who would like to change their relationship with gambling, available to download via our website.
- A moderated online Forum and daily online group chatrooms to enable those affected by gambling problems to connect with others in similar situations, share their experience and support one another."