Credu are still supporting Young and Adult Carers with what is important to them, though in different ways. You can still call the main line on 01597 823800 or check out www.facebook.com/creducarers and https://credu.cymru/
You can contact us about anything that is important to you right now:
- Do you want support or information?
- Do you want to give support/information to other Carers?
- Have you got ideas about how we can support Carers in Powys? These can be very practical ideas that will help keep people safe and well, or fun ideas to help keep people going during isolation.
During this time, it can be particularly difficult for Carers who are unable to access usual forms of breaks and respite. Credu has a Respite Fund and might be able to help, it’s there to be used creatively and in a way that works for you and your family! Perhaps think about,
- What could help my family/cared for person busy and happy?
- What might help being at home or in the garden together nicer?
- How might I want to relax, recharge or keep myself busy or learn something new?
You might have a clear idea or you might want to talk through with us what could work for you. To get support with this please contact your local Outreach Worker or call 01597 823800 or email carers(at)credu.cymru
As well as supporting people in serious difficulty, Carers and outreach workers are coming up with all sorts of other ways of supporting each other during this time. Some of the Young Carers are sharing fun challenges on social media, other Adult Carers are considering setting up an on-line choir, or connecting with Carers in a similar situation via telephone or social media.
Carers always put others first, but you are so important to your family and society, please do give yourself permission to look after yourself. If you are over 70 or not comfortable going shopping for food / medicine, then local schemes are developing. Don’t hesitate to call to find our more.