An exciting opportunity has arisen for a competent administrator with specific digital skills to join our team. If you have experience in servicing websites and creating content for social media platforms this could be for you.
As well as digital work, you will be supporting the delivery of PAVO events and training, providing administration for grant schemes, maintaining our contact database and working on our busy reception.
We are looking for someone with a warm and welcoming manner, excellent IT skills and experience of working in a busy office environment. If you want to make a difference – we want to hear from you.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly across the organisation as directed to provide an efficient and effective administration service to support PAVO officers in the delivery of these aims and objectives and of the relevant service specifications.
• Support publicity, communications and information services through updating website, social media pages and information resources
• Arranging, supporting and servicing meetings and events
• Administration support for grant schemes
• Maintaining and entering data on various databases and customer relationship management systems
Publicity & Communications
• Overseeing website administration, content management and updating information
• Uploading content to PAVO websites
• Producing publicity materials
• Producing and posting content to social media platforms
• Compilation and dissemination of network bulletins & briefings
• Obtaining translation of materials for publication
Events & Meetings
• Developing and dissemination publicity & promotion
• Making arrangements for venues – internal & external
• Liaising with speakers / attendees including management of bookings
• Support preparation of materials pre-event and for recording proceedings (including minute taking) and preparation of reports post event
• Servicing events (attendance at events and meetings to ensure appropriate facilities & equipment is available)
Databases & Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM)
• Contact data entry
• Interaction data entry
• Support for maintaining and updating information
Administration of grant schemes
• Publicity & promotion
• Preparing and disseminating application packs
• Receiving applications and supporting documents
• Service grants panels (including production of materials & taking minutes of meetings)
• Send out award letters & receive acceptances
• Receive and file monitoring reports
• Provide reception cover
• General administrative support
• Administration support in respect of Internal Services core functions such as HR, Health & Safety and compliance
The job description covers the main duties and responsibilities of the post but other duties commensurate with this role will also be undertaken by the post holder.
PAVO aims to provide a service that is responsive to the needs of its membership and service users and it is therefore necessary that staff respond to changing requirements. Job descriptions and/or work plans will be updated from time to time to meet these changes.
• Competent and experienced in the use of all Microsoft, Google and standard ICT systems including use of databases and CRM systems
• Knowledge and experience in updating websites and use of social media
• Have proven experience of setting up, organising and maintaining filing systems (paper and electronic) and implementing administration procedures.
• Experience in busy office settings, including in front facing reception activities
• Experience in using usual office equipment including photocopier, telephone systems etc
• Knowledge of third sector, ideally understanding of grants processes
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to research basic information
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to plan and deliver work both individually and cooperatively as part of a team
• Warm and welcoming manner
• Understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
• Welsh Language skills competency level 1 – ‘I can pronounce Welsh personal and place-names correctly, and I can give and respond to basic greetings on the telephone or in person.’
• Welsh Language skills competency level 5 – ‘I can take part effortlessly in any conversation or discussion and have a good familiarity with idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms. I can express myself fluently and convey finer shades of meaning precisely. ’