Information & Signposting Assistant
(fixed term contract – December 2021)
If you have the skills and ability to be an amazing Information and Signposting Assistant who wants to work for a local charity and make a difference within the local community of Knighton, Powys then keep reading.
Through the sharing of information and skills & as a means of trying to ensure that everyone who needs help is able to find it, an innovative and exciting community led project is being developed in Knighton and district. The project is funded by Arwain/Leader (European Funding) & is a partnership initiative between PCC Libraries and K&DCC.
To help support existing staff in delivery of this initiative we are looking for an experienced, motivated and skilled individual to join us at K&DCC in the role of Information & Signposting Assistant. This role is temporarily home based (Tuesday, Thursday & Friday), due to Covid-19 restrictions, but once we are back to normal the successful candidate will be expected to work from The Community Centre/Library (Tuesday, Thursdays & Friday).
- Providing a comprehensive signposting and advisory service to Knighton & District residents
- Developing Information Hubs which will provide information, guidance, signposting and support
- Gathering, collecting & processing information regarding support available within the local community and organising existing lists of local providers of services
- Assisting in developing a legacy arrangement to be in place for when the project comes to fruition
To apply for this exciting role, you will need to have:
- Experience & knowledge of working with community groups and local services
- Experience and knowledge of working with and supporting/supervising volunteers
- Experience and knowledge of working with various IT packages, social media forums, video conferencing platforms and a willingness to learn to use new software packages and platforms
- Willingness to work effectively as part of a team, ability to work alone and attend supervision and training as needed
The closing date for this position is the 5th March 2021 at 5pm & interviews will be conducted by Zoom on the 10th March 2021
Please return your completed application form (attached below) to: Annie England @ knightonhubcoordinator(at)gmail.com
Job description: https://1drv.ms/w/s!Al63FzOmL8iphzQCYZzbmRGiIfUa?e=hzdB7v
Please note that CVs are not accepted