We are seeking to appoint to one immediate vacancy to our Wales Committee and identify candidates for further vacancies that will arise in 2020.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission exists to protect and promote equality and human rights in Britain.
We stand up for freedom, compassion and justice in changing times. Our work is driven by a simple belief: if everyone gets a fair chance in life, we all thrive.
Being a Wales Committee member offers you a unique opportunity to influence the equality and human rights agenda in Wales.
Supporting the Wales Commissioner, the Wales Committee shapes and oversees our work in Wales, advises the Welsh Government on equality and human rights, and represents us in Wales through meeting and listening to people across the country.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a commitment to and understanding the equality and human rights agenda across Britain and particularly in Wales
- an understanding of how Wales and its institutions operate
- an ability to work in partnership and engage with a wide range of stakeholders in Wales to deliver improvements
- experience of developing strategies to deliver change
- an understanding of, and commitment to, good governance
We welcome applications from everyone and we value diversity in our team. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our colleagues are treated with dignity and respect. This is central to our recruitment process, therefore we actively encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.