Is this you?
- Looking for a rewarding job where you can really make a difference?
- A job that is flexible and can fit around your other commitments?
- Looking to gain new skills or improve existing ones?
- Caring, proactive and ready for your next challenge?
If you have answered yes to the above, then being a part time support worker at Action on Hearing Loss may be just the job for you.
Action on Yearing Loss are recruiting support workers to cover our Community and Outreach services in and around Powys.
South and Mid Wales Outreach Service
South & Mid Wales Outreach is part of our Community Care & Support services. We provide support to people who are Deaf with additional needs such as Mental Health, Physical or Learning Disabilities, and or dual sensory loss who live independently in their own homes. We are based in Cardiff & Llanelli but we support people in Cardiff, Newport, Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Monmouthshire, Neath/Port Talbot, Caerphilly, Swansea, the Vale of Glamorgan and Powys.
Action on Hearing Loss have a great and motivated team of Deaf and hearing support workers. All of their staff are committed to their job roles which they enjoy, and they are excited about our expansion into Powys.
Every person using the service has their own history and their own aspirations for the future. That’s why they are committed to support them, draw up their own tailor-made programme of support based on their specific needs. This involves working with people to develop a person centred plan and having members of the team as key workers to give continued and specialist support.
Action on Hearing Loss support workers enable people to be as independent as possible, supporting in areas such as making healthy lifestyle choices, managing money, cooking, shopping, cleaning, using public transport and going to out / to college or work.
Can you offer them?
- Some dedicated hours each month to cover shifts in our services, hours required over 7 days/ evenings
- An honest and reliable attitude and a willingness to learn.
- A desire to work in a person centred way
They can offer you….
- Flexible hours spread over 7 days and nights a week
- Salary ranging between £15,518 – £17 ,458
- Mileage allowance
- Rewarding and varied work that really changes lives
- British Sign Language and other specialist Training.
- A supportive and friendly team, with staff who are driven by a strong work ethic and the desire to do a role that has real value.
For more information, to arrange a visit or have an informal chat please contact Kate Galloway on 07918 691244 (SMS only) or email: email@example.com