Children and Families Practitioner
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families
Location: Newtown - Powys
Contract Type FTC until 30/9/2020
Hours: Full time
Salary: £21,100 pro rata
What is the role?
The Powys Community Additional Needs Project known as PCAN supports children from 0 to 18 years old with additional learning needs across Powys. The project coordinates support for young people to access activities in their local community to build confidence and independence away from their families. As a project we encourage young people to be as independent as possible while developing social skills, money skills, personal safety and road safety in the community. The support provided is child focused and based on the child's identified needs. PCAN works closely with multi agencies and families in order to reach the child's identified outcomes and the best for the child. The base is in Newtown, however there will be an expectancy for regular travel across Powys.
How will you make a difference?
- As a Childrens Services Practitioner you will be case holder for children with disabilities, attending regular review and multi-agency meetings.
- Undertaking a supervisory role across Powys.
- Using a multi-agency approach and liaising with other professional bodies
- Recording and processing information
What will you need?
- Level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care, or equivalent
- Registration with Social Care Wales is desirable but not essential as this can be done once successful in post
- Experience of working with children with disabilities
- Experience of line management
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office suite and database software)
- Meticulous attention to detail and record-keeping skills
- Safeguarding knowledge and experience.
- A strengths-based approach to working with parents.
- Ability to understand and reflect on daily practice.
- Outcomes focussed approach for children and families.
- A driver is required as travel across Powys.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity
What are the rewards?
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
For additional information, please email pcan(at)actionforchildren.org.uk