Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 (the average grant is around £4,000) with no matched funding requirement are available for not-for-profit organisations working in the following areas:
1. Arts and Culture - promoting initiatives that contribute to:
o Connecting communities with Irish culture and heritage, and
o Sharing Irish culture with the next generation and across communities.
2. Community Development - supporting initiatives that contribute to:
o The avoidance of hardship by supporting vulnerable members of society, whether of Irish descent or not, and
o Servicing basic/critical needs.
3. Education - programmes that contribute to:
o Reconnecting people of all ages with education and employment opportunities, and
o Reskilling and upskilling, in particular the older generation.
4. Peace and Reconciliation - Supporting initiatives in Northern Ireland that contribute to:
o The strengthening of cross-community relations.
o The treatment and resolution of transgenerational trauma, and
o Assisting young people at risk across Northern Ireland’s communities.
To apply, eligible organisations should:
1. Submit a Letter of Enquiry, outlining their project. Letters must be submitted via an online portal which can be accessed on the website of The Ireland Funds of Great Britain.
2. Successful organisations will then be invited to submit a Full Application.
Further information, guidance and details about how to apply is available on the Ireland Funds website.