Volunteering in a digital age
Richard Ley Centre, Swansea, 26 - 27 September
Digital technology is revolutionising volunteering. It creates new ways of working, new ways of communicating with volunteers, and new ways of marketing. And that's just the tip of the digital iceberg.
Taking place over 26 - 27 September at the Richard Ley Centre, Swansea, the event aims to demonstrate how new technology can help attract and engage volunteers, address the issue of digital inclusion, provide guidance on social media and inspire you to further develop digital technology in your work.
Speakers at the conference include:
- Jane Hutt AM, Minister for Finance and Leader of the House, on the Welsh Government's vision for digital inclusion
- Sangheet Bhullar of WISEKIDS/'Digital and People' on engaging effectively in the digital space
- Cathryn Marcus of Communities 2.0 on their new Digital Champions scheme
And a plethora of workshop options include:
- How new technology can support volunteer managers
- The impact of visual media
- Digital media and the Welsh language
- Involving older people in digital technology
- Developing a social media strategy
- Engaging volunteers with the web and social media
And there's much more besides, including the opportunity to contribute to proceedings yourself through your mobile phone, laptop or tablet.
If you're a newcomer to digital technology, this is your chance to see just how it can improve your working life. And if you're not, there will still be plenty of advice and information relevant to you. Don't miss out on this unique event.
Powys Volunteer Centre Application Form So, you are thinking of volunteering? We provide a free matching... fb.me/8yiqfsRTO
Ffurflen Gais Canolfan Gwirfoddoli Powys ’Dach chi’n ystyried gwirfoddoli? Gallwn gynnig gwasanaeth paru am ddim... fb.me/8FYpzRa7M
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database