Royal Voluntary Service WANTED: Community Transport Volunteer
Every day Royal Voluntary Service helps thousands of older people to live the life they want. They provide practical services in homes, in hospitals and in communities all across England, Scotland and Wales so people can be independent and active. Royal Voluntary Service is one of the largest voluntary organisations and much of their work is supporting older people. Royal Voluntary Service provide practical solutions to the everyday problems of loneliness and isolation.
Volunteers are vital to the work of Royal Voluntary Service. Without them Royal Voluntary Service simply wouldn't exist. The volunteers come from all walks of life, men and women, young or older and we've got something for everyone, including specialist roles such as this. Anyone who volunteers for Royal Voluntary Service knows that they are joining a charity which people trust - our style is practical, positive, personal and professional. Royal Voluntary Service is committed to being an Investing in Volunteers organisation.
Currently the pattern of our services varies in different places and we have ambitious plans to join up our services through the creation of more Royal Voluntary Service community hubs in more towns so that people can easily find the help and support they feel they need.
Volunteer drivers are needed to help older people get out and about to stay engaged and connected with their local communities, family and friends.
Key Tasks May Include:
- Driving them to and from GP appointments and accompanying them in if necessary
- Driving the older person to the shop and assisting with shopping
- Driving the odler person to visit friends and family
- Driving the older person to a social club
- Providing information and support to help older poeple access other services
Kay Skills Required:
- Friendly personality
- Good communication skills
- Full driving license required
- Ability to work within legal and Royal Voluntary Service guidelines
Benefits to Volunteer
- Enriching the lives of older people in your local community
- Contributing to hte work of Royal Voluntary Service to help older people get the best out of life
- Making new friends
- Developing skills and experience
- Flexible according to the availability of the volunteer and the needs of the service
- Induction training will be provided by Royal Voluntary Service
- Within your local community
- Expenses will be paid at the rate stated in the expenses policy
For more information contact PAVO 01597 822191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GarrickTrust grants to encourage theatre, music, literature and dance across the UK. pavofundingnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/garric…)
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database