Powys Volunteer of the Year
Do you know someone in your community who has made a difference by volunteering?
The celebration event goes some way to demonstrating the value we place on the work undertaken by volunteers and encourages them to continue to inspire other to take up a cause in a society where volunteers are playing an ever increasing and ever more necessary role.
1. Nominations must be received by Friday 9 March 2018 at PAVO, Unit 30 Ddole Road Industrial Estate, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF using an official nomination form or a photocopy or a downloaded version available on the PAVO website.
2. Individuals cannot be nominated by:
· A partner or family member
· Nominate themselves
3. Organisations must provide a service within Powys and individuals must be volunteering within the county.
4. Permission must be sought from the person or group of volunteers to be nominated.
5. The application must reflect the positive difference the volunteer or group nominated has made to the wider community or individuals and groups within that community. Please explain the exceptional commitment they have made, perhaps they have overcome hardship to take on voluntary work. Include all the different areas of work they undertake within the organisation or community.
6. Personal details provided on the nomination form may be passed on to partner organisations and to the media for publicity purposes and used for presentations on the awards evening. If you are NOT willing for any information to be shared in this way or if you do NOT wish for media organisations to contact the nominee or nominator, please let PAVO know as soon as possible.
7. The judges' decision on entries is final. Shortlisted nominees will be placed into categories. Winners will be announced on the night of the awards ceremony. There will also be an Outstanding Contribution Award. The judges reserve the right not to make an award in any particular category if they feel that nominations are not suitable.
8. Please ensure we have all of the nominees contact details and the application is completed in full.
Previous winners have given exceptional commitment for the benefit of others. The activities that they participated in were numerous. For example, it could be someone who helps out at a sports club, a village hall, youth club, charity shop, community car scheme, or a trustee or committee member of a community group or voluntary organisation.
Nominations are allowed for:
- Individuals of any age
- Groups - two or more individuals forming a group that carry out a task, activity or project. This can either be a) a purely voluntary run group or b) a group of volunteers within an organisation with paid staff. For organisations with paid staff the nomination has to be for the group of volunteers, rather than the organisation.
- Nominations will be allocated to a category on receipt at PAVO. As a prompt for nominations the categories this year will include: Green (environment), Community, Wellbeing, Sports, Trustee, Culture, Youth and Group (see above for definition).
- There will be an additional Outstanding Contribution award, selected from the nominations from the other categories.
What you need to do:
- Read the rules of the award scheme
- Get the permission of the individual or group you want to nominate
- Complete the nomination form giving as much information as possible, explaining all of the nominees volunteering activities.
- Return it to Volunteer of the Year Awards 2018, PAVO, Unit 30 Ddole Road Industrial Estate, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF by Friday 9 March 2018
All shortlisted nominees will be expected to attend the presentation ceremony, for which there will be no charge. Shortlisted individuals will be able to bring two guests, and group shortlists will be notified later of the number of guests they can bring.
The presentation ceremony will be held in the evening of Wednesday
6 June 2018
If you need assistance to complete the Nomination Form, or for further information, please contact PAVO via email: email@example.com tel: 01597 822191
Just setting up my account and getting my head around tweeting😀
Sad to see Paul Griffiths and Sue Simpson both leave PCC today. Good people to work with. Wish them well for the future.
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database