All Community Transport (CT) Schemes in Powys are members of the Powys CT Forum. The Forum, set up in 1992, is a group of representatives from the voluntary and statutory sectors which meets quarterly and is instrumental in developing and co-ordinating CT policy in Powys. It is partly funded by Powys County Council and to a lesser extent by Powys Teaching Health Board. The Forum is supported by the CT Department of the Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations (PAVO). The department receives funding from Powys County Council and Powys Teaching Health Board.
The Aims of the Forum are:-
- To bring together organisations involved in or having an interest in Community Transport in Powys.
- Through a partnership approach to develop regionally and locally a better provision and co-ordination of community transport for people having transport difficulties due to ill health, old age or disability.
- To raise awareness of community transport issues including funding at a local, county and national level.
- To help develop and implement good practice in Powys Community Transport Schemes.
- To lobby for and work with other groups to develop an integrated transport system in Powys.
Some Achievements of the Forum since its Inception are:-
- In partnership with Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations continued to acquire funding to employ a Community Transport Development Officer and a new Project Officer post.
- Assisted with the development of new Dial-a-Ride schemes.
- Assisted with the development of Taxi-Card schemes.
- Participated in the establishment of a Wales Community Transport Association.
- Co-ordinated a 3 year funding bid to set up a Transport Training Agency.
- Co-ordinated a 3 year Lottery Bid to provide continued funding for the Forum and 7 Taxi Card Schemes.
- Co-ordinated a 3 year bid to ERDF for CT Forum and CT Manager post.
- Co-ordinated a 3 year bid to the WAG enabling 15 CT schemes to participate in a pilot providing Concessionary travel.
CT Contact Details
For further information about the work of the Forum please contact:
Senior Officer CT
by telephoning 01597 824494 or by clicking here.
Finnis Scott Foundation - grants for Horticulture and plant sciences; Fine art & Art History pavofundingnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/finnis…)
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database