The One Powys Plan 'One Powys Yn Un' is the principal multi-agency strategic plan for Powys. First created in 2011 it replaced a huge range existing strategies and plans by different public service providing organisations to provide a single focus for how they will work together for the people of Powys and make transformational changes to the services people receive.
The One Powys yn Un also aims to:
- Better align organisational and community planning
- Remove unnecessary duplication between the organisations and partnerships
The Plan is influential in guiding the priorities for public services in Powys and therefore has an impact on every citizen in the county. The plan includes the Third Sector and acknowledges the key role that voluntary organisations and community groups play in providing services to Powys' communities and improving the life of Powys' people.
The current version of One Powys yn Un is for the years 2014-2017, and was last reviewed and updated in April 2015.
Plan sets out five broad themes on which the work of Powys' multi-agency partnerships will focus upon in order to deliver transformational changes to public services. They are:
- Integrated health and adult social care - Working to improve care and quality of life for people within Powys' communities
- Stronger communities - Working to build stronger communities as one of the priorities for improving citizens lives and the Powys economy
- Children & young people - Working to strengthen and improve services and opportunities children, young people and families
- Transforming learning and skills - Working to improve provision of opportunities for people to develop their learning & skills
- Organisations & partnerships - Working to develop new approaches to organisation & partnership development to help deliver the actions within One Powys yn Un
The current version of One Powys yn Un can be viewed at http://www.powys.gov.uk/en/democracy/one-powys-plan/
POWYS WAR MEMORIALS PROJECT - GRANTS AVAILABLE up to £5,000 available to repair or restore World War 1 memorials in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database