Alzheimer's Society Cymru Carers Information & Support Programme (CriSP)
A programme constisting of four sessions run once a week for four weeks.
The aim is to support carers in their caring role by providing knowledge, information & coping strategies.
A series of four workshops covering issues that may arise for family members and friends of a person who has had a recent diagnosis of dementia.
Session 1 - Understanding Dementia
- Understand what dementia is
- Understand more about the experience of living with dementia
- Understand some of the problems and difficulties that affect someone living with dementia
Session 2 - Legal issues & money matters
- Understand the importance of planning for the future
- Provide information about welfare benefits that carers and people living with dementia might be able to claim
- Provide information about sources of help about financial and legal issues.
Session 3 - Providing support & care
- Practical ways of supporting someone experiencing difficulties associated with dementia
- Explain ways of communicating better with people living with dementia
- To provide information about local services and support available
Session 4 - Coping day to day
- Recognise how dementia impacts on everyday lives and relationships
- Recognise the importance of looking after themselves
- Identify sources of help and support
Maximum of 12 participants for each session (tea/coffee provided)
Sessions: Friday 18th August
Friday 25th August
Friday 1st September
Friday 8th September
Venue - Bethshan, Heol Treowen, Newtown, Powys, SY16 1JA
To confirm your place please call David Allamark, CrISP Facilitator
tel: 01352 700712
'PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL'
If you require any further information please call:
Tel: 01352 700462
Alzheimer's Society Dementia Helpline
Our helpline is open seven days a week - with a team of trained advisors, ready to provide you with the information and support you need.
Tel: 0300 222 1122
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Weekends 10am - 4pm
Alzheimer's Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London, EC3 N2AE
Telephone: 0207 423 3500
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database