PAVO Training May 2017
Being a Trustee - 10th May 2017
Being a trustee is a responsible voluntary role and one that comes with duties and responsibilities. This course will take you through the legal responsibilities you have when you are a trustee as well as your role and the responsibilities you have towards your organisation.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
· understand what it means to be a trustee, who can be one and what roles and responsibilities trustees may have
· appreciate what trustees can be liable for, and know how to limit potential risks
· understand the principles of good governance, the roles of specific officers, and the difference between a trustee board and its subcommittees
· have an overview of what is needed for effective trustee recruitment and induction role
Planning and Writing Successful Fundraising Bids - 18th May 2017
The funding environment is becoming more and more competitive with most funders receiving thousands of requests for support each year. It is therefore vital that your funding bids stand out from the crowd! This training course will help you learn how to improve your funding bids by adopting a structured approach to the planning and writing of your future applications.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
· Understand the current funding climate in Wales and its impact on funders
· Review their current approach of developing a bid
· Apply new tools and techniques to give their bids a winning 'edge'
· Understand and meet the expectations of funders
To book click here
BBC Children in Need Main Grants Programme: grants of over £10,000 to support projects for up to three years pavofundingnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/bbc-ch…)
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database