FREE Training Course - Fundraising with Local Giving
Kick start your digital fundraising in 2017 with this workshop for local voluntary groups & charities in Powys
Getting started with online fundraising
1st February - Plas Dolerw, Newtown - 13:30 to 16:30
21st February - Unit 30 @ Ddole Road Industrial Estate, Llandrindod - 13:30 to 16:30
By the end of this session, you will:
● Understand the basics of online fundraising
● Know how online fundraising can benefit your group
● Be aware of free tools and resources available to you
● Be registered on Localgiving, enabling you to claim £200 of match funding
● Be able to confidently use the Localgiving fundraising platform
● Understand how to ask people to support your cause
● Be equipped to secure your first digital donation
● Understand how to develop and maintain relationships with donors
● Have developed some new promotional materials for your cause
This is a practical session. To get the most out of the workshop, participants will need to bring a laptop or tablet.
Light refreshments available!
You must book a place in advance. Please state which day you would lime to attend. There is a maximum of twelve people so a first come first serve basis will apply.
This workshop is offered under the Big Lottery funded Wales Development programme, through which local charities and community groups can learn to confidently run online fundraising campaigns. Participating groups will benefit from:
● FREE membership of Localgiving for a year (usually £72) open to all local third sector groups – including those too small to be registered charities and therefore unable to subscribe to other online giving platforms
● Face to face training, mentoring and support (tailored to your organisation’s needs) to help you raise awareness of your cause and raise funds online
● £200 of match funding (ring-fenced for every group that signs up) as an extra incentive to fundraise online!
Finnis Scott Foundation - grants for Horticulture and plant sciences; Fine art & Art History pavofundingnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/finnis…)
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database