Robert Owen Community Banking Fund Ltd - Enterprise Hub Manager
The Manager will be responsible for creating a new ‘Enterprise Hub’ in partnership with others to provide cooperative based support and work space to local micro-businesses. Fantastic opportunity to work with an ethical finance company in Mid Wales. We are members of Responsible Finance and deliver innovative approaches to finance that helps generate and retain wealth within the local economy.
This new post will ideally suit an experienced business communicator from within the financial sector who is looking for a radically different role. Our company is young with a small and dynamic team who operate on a very open and inclusive basis and who like initiative, new ideas and opinions.
- To assist the existing team in establishing new business support services to start-up and existing micro businesses in Mid Wales.
- To lead on developing a new supportive centre – an ‘Enterprise Hub’ - for micro businesses, providing co-working space and back office services.
- Connect with and make relevant these services to ‘harder to reach’ would-be entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate and lead with other agencies to create more aligned services.
- Create new investment opportunities and generate new leads as a member of the present business team.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Good knowledge of the business sector in Mid Wales and for working in a B2B environment.
- Experience of running a business and/or working at management level within relevant SME sector.
- Familiarity with social enterprise and cooperative models.
- Familiar with the specific employment market of Mid Wales and associated challenges of lone working.
- Conducting robust management, financial and commercial due diligence when considering investment opportunities and assessing attendant risks.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to use initiative and drive to see a task through to completion.
- A team player, able to build strong relationships, confident in own decision making skills.
- Speaking welsh is desirable.
- You will be ambitious for playing your part in building a better and more resilient economy for our communities in Mid Wales.
- You will share our vision for creating a centre of excellence to support local entrepreneurs and young businesses.
- Want to play a leading role in growing innovation and best practice in our company.
Hours: generally office hours with some evenings, 20 days holiday (pro rata), plus pension contribution.
Job Type: initially part-time (4 days)
Salary: £30,000 pro rata per year
Job Location: Newtown, Powys, but will also involve travel across mid Wales.
Required education: Professional qualification, degree or suitable experience.
Please Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org or 01686 626234
Closing Date: 19/10/2017. Interview Date: Week of October 23rd
Please retweet and follow. Planning to get much more information from across our diverse Highways service on to twi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
An other example of exemplary contribution of voluntary organisation in emergency situations. twitter.com/BreconMRT/stat…
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database