Calan DVS Job Vacancy
Calan DVS Refuge Worker - Innovative Charity Brecon Powys
Are you looking to take your next step as a Refuge Support Worker? Want to take on a highly rewarding role with a chaity that is dedicated to supporting, educating and empowering vulnerable people? If so, read on.
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a pioneering charity that is dedicated to ending domestic violence and abuse. They are now looking for a Refuge Support Worker to join their team on a full-time basis in Brecon.
- Salary: £17,000 per annum
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Join a supportive team who are passionate about what they do
- A collaborative, welcoming and forward-thinking environment
- Free on-site parking
- 6% non-contributory pension
Focusing on innovation to drive their support services, every area of the charity's offering has been considered and structured to support those experiencing abuse. From a website with a 'hide me' function to meeting rooms away for prying eyes, their services are discrete, versatile and provide the support that abuse victims require.
In this important role you will have the chance to make a real difference and create a positive environment where women, children and young people can develop their skills and build their confidence.
As a Refuge Support Worker, you'll provide high quality, comprehensive and accessible support to families using the charity's refuge services.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that families feel welcome when they arrive at the refuge and during their stay
- Carry out initial risk and needs assessments and develop individual safety plans with families
- Promote the right of families to make their own choices
- Make sure that individuals' physical and emotional needs are met
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure that families are fully supported
- Signpost local resources that are available to families
- Ensure that the refuge remains clean and tidy and highlight any required repairs
- Participate in the 24 hour emergency on call system
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of needs assessments, risk assessments and risk management
- Knowledge of the rights, policies and legislation surrounding child protection and the protection of vulnerable adults
- At a minimum, NVQ Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in social care or health
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Ideally, you'll be fluent in Welsh, in addition to English. A qualification or training in domestic abuse would also be beneficial.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Please note, this role is also available on a part time basis based in Radnor, working 30 hours per week.
So, if you are looking to take on a vital role as a Refuge Support Worker, please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calan Domestic Violence Services
Plas Y Ffynnon
Cambrian Way Brecon LD3 7HP Tel :07496559946
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database