We have anecdotal evidence that trustee bodies need to lower their age profile and address certain skill gaps.
From working with groups we have been made aware of the:
- Difficulty in recruiting trustees generally
- Difficulty in recruiting trustees from a younger age group
- Need for more skilled individuals to serve on trustee boards
- Problems around the retention of trustees
The start of the project is research and gathering evidence of need for the gaps in knowledge/skills the sector feel they have. For example, Trustees under 50. How many are there and are more needed?
The project aims to strengthen boards by helping to recruit new trustees and mentors for the sector with the skills that were identified in the initial research.
It aims to support these individuals and groups/organisations with training and support to help with the retention of new trustees and/or mentors.
- Have a particular skill or knowledge that others can benefit from?
- Want access to online support
- Want some training
- Want to gain new skills and knowledge from others
- Want to improve your CV
- Where skill gaps have been identified the project will aim to match a mentor and/or a new trustee which have the skills needed
- If there are vacant roles, we will help to find a suitable person for this role
- If you have a short term specific task you need help and support with the project aims to find specialist mentors who can advise the organisation and help with a solution
- Training will be given to all new trustees and mentors. However if there are trustees who are already on your board who would like training or to refresh their knowledge we can arrange this. (There is a charge per person for the training)
For more information or to be involved, contact:
Third Sector Skills Volunteer Officer
Telephone: 01597 822191
- Boards will be strengthen
- New skill sets will be added to groups/organisations
- Increased knowledge
- Support and advice
- Individuals and groups benefit
- Anyone from the age of 18 can become a Trustee
- There is an opportunity for individuals 16 + to have training for preparing to be on a Board
- Any organisation in the 3rd Sector in Powys who require new trustees or mentors
- Individuals who work in the business/statutory sector who would like to pass on their knowledge and skills
Just setting up my account and getting my head around tweeting😀
Sad to see Paul Griffiths and Sue Simpson both leave PCC today. Good people to work with. Wish them well for the future.
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database