Small grants up to £600 are available form PAVO to run a project that provides volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14-25 years.
The young people can be from an existing group or just young people coming together to run a project of their own choosing. The application must be written by a young person.
Past projects have included organising fundraising events to support local charities, local environmental schemes, and improving facilities for older people.
A panel of young people from Powys will assess the applications.
Project proposals must demonstrate:
- Volunteering must take place in Powys.
- How organisations will involve young people aged 14 - 25 in developing their voluntary activities.
- A minimum of 4 young people, aged 14-25 need to be involved when submitting a Youth Led Grant Scheme application but the project can involve anyone.
- How they will deliver new, high quality volunteering experiences
- How they will approach and attract young people, particularly those that are disadvantaged or excluded.
- Leadership and accreditation courses will not be funded.
The grant criteria and application form is available below:
Closing date for applications is 14 January 2018.
If you would like to discuss your ideas and project contact Michiel Blees on 01597 822191 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CAVE FOUNDATION - Grants up to £7,000 for local & national charities in working in fields of health, welfare, c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Dementia Action Week: the best way to find out what helps: listen to a person living with dementia and a carer - Fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database