Incorporating the communities of Beguildy, Bettws y Crwyn, Kerry, Llanbister and Llanbadarn Fynydd
Garreg Lwyd Hill Wind Farm provides a community fund which will see funding available to support local community projects every year during the lifetime of the wind farm. The fund is managed by a Community Fund Panel made up of representatives of the local community councils. The fund is administered by Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations (PAVO)
The community fund is open to applications from groups and projects which benefit the communities living in the following community council areas:
- Bettws y Crwyn
- Llanbadarn Fynydd
Consideration may be given to an application from outside the Area of Benefit at the discretion of the fund panel but only if it can be shown that such an application provides a demonstrable benefit to those communities within the area of benefit.
To apply for a grant community groups or organisations must be properly constituted. You do not need to be a registered charity to apply for a grant but you must be able to demonstrate community benefit. The fund welcomes applications from organisations that make a difference across a range of areas including:
- Community Buildings - projects which maintain and develop buildings being used and run by the community, especially projects which help ensure their sustainability for the future.
- Community transport initiatives.
- Conservation, wildlife and animal sanctuary projects - in particular those which improve communal land.
- Education and skills development.
- Energy efficiency and environmental sustainability.
- Health and sport - projects that help provide access to services that aim to improve the health and well-being of the local community.
- Heritage - projects that celebrate protect and promote local culture, history and heritage.
- Self-help groups - community groups that deliver basic services.
- Vulnerable people - projects which enable increased access to services and facilities for people with disabilities, the homeless and those disadvantaged.
- Young people - projects which focus on improving access to services where young people can play a key role in decision making.
- Any other project that benefits the community
There must be wider benefit to the community with all projects funded from the fund.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 5th February 2018
For queries please contact PAVO:
Telephone: 01597 822191
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database