Scott Bader Commonwealth Global Charity
The Scott Bader Commonwealth Global Charity Fund aims to provide grants to UK charitable organisations for projects that are trying to achieve the objectives listed below. Projects may be based anywhere and those projects based near to the Scott Bader operations worldwide are particularly welcomed. The Fund prefers not to support larger, well-established charities.
A list of Scott Bader's global offices can be found at this LINK.
Respond to the needs of people who are most underprivileged disadvantaged poor and on the fringes of society;
Help people to help themselves and give them a sense of dignity and self respect;
Are based on local communities and spring from their own expressed needs and wishes; and
Are start-up organisations with innovative ideas to solve old problems in new ways. Projects should be trying to help the following:
- Support those who are especially vulnerable such as children, young and elderly people women seeking refuge and members of minority ethnic communities;
- Help people who are homeless, unemployed and living in poverty;
- Enable the Fund to offer support to local communities to whom it has a special responsibility as neighbour and employer.
If the project is in the developing world, the Fund is especially interested in supporting projects which:
- Provide support for poor rural people and their communities to enable them to become self sufficient;
- Provide emergency aid to people in times of natural disasters;
- Involve communities in meeting their own needs.
UK registered charities may apply to the following grant strands:
1. Large Project Fund - this fund annually supports two large, community-based, environmental or educational projects to the value of £25,000 each. These can be located anywhere in the world where a Scott Bader company is operating;
2. Small International Fund - Small grants of £500 to £2,000 to support international projects located anywhere in the world;
3. Local Fund - Charity funding for smaller local charities is divided between all the companies within the Scott Bader Group around the world, shared out in proportion to the number of people employed at each of the organisation's locations. Each Scott Bader organisation locally decides which charities to support, in line with its Commonwealth guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: applications for funding overseas projects will only be considered from charities which are registered in the UK or from charities that are already known to the Fund.
Funding is not available for:
- Animal charities;
- Individual sponsorships;
- Travel or adventure schemes;
- Arts projects;
- Construction/renovation/<wbr />maintenance of buildings in the UK;
- Any form of advertising;
- Medical research and equipment;
- Sports clubs;
- General charitable appeals;
Charities not based in the countries where Scott Bader has a presence; orProjects or large capital appeals where a significant amount of money still needs to be raised.
Applications for the Small International Fund and the Local Funds may be submitted at any time.Application forms are available on request from the Fund.
Further information is available on the Scott Bader website.
Contact details for the Scott Bader Commonwealth Global Fund are:
The Scott Bader Commonwealth Limited
Tel: 01933 666755
Email: hayley_sutherland@scottbader.<wbr />com
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database