Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations (PAVO) provides essential services to support third sector organisations and to improve people's lives.
PAVO's strategic purpose is:-
To be a CATALYST for voluntary action by enabling innovation, supporting volunteers and helping third sector organisations to operate effectively, deliver quality services and become sustainable, so that:-
- Third sector groups and services are developed, delivered and sustained to safely meet the identified needs and wishes of individuals and communities.
- Individuals are encouraged and enabled to participate in voluntary action in a safe and nurturing environment, achieving personal goals whilst contributing to wider social, economic or environmental wellbeing.
To provide a VOICE for voluntary organisations and community groups so that their views are heard and influence policy development and service planning and delivery and so that the views and experiences of individuals and communities are heard and understood by decision makers, so that:-
- The views of individuals and communities are heard and understood by decision makers, so that they have the opportunity to inform and influence policy development and service planning and delivery.
- To be a HUB of essential information and resources for third sector organisations, so that:-
- Third sector organisations are able to effectively access and share essential information, thus ensuring that their governance and practice meet the necessary standards.
To ensure that it is an ORGANISATION that is fit for purpose, so that it best placed to:-
- Deliver its strategic plan, support trustees in their stewardship and support staff to work efficiently and effectively.
PAVO is committed to valuing all people and organisations and to having due regard for their feelings, rights and wishes.
PAVO is committed to treating people equally, especially in status, rights or opportunities.
PAVO is committed to supporting variety and difference as a source of enrichment.
PAVO is committed to consistency and unity in its behaviour.
PAVO is committed to being sincere, truthful and free of deceit.
PAVO is committed to listening to each other whilst working together to achieve mutually beneficial results.
PAVO is committed to doing what we say and striving for the best possible quality in everything we do.
Listening and Learning
PAVO is committed to continually learning, transforming our organisation through the knowledge, capability and initiative of our workforce, partners and all others.
Finnis Scott Foundation - grants for Horticulture and plant sciences; Fine art & Art History pavofundingnews.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/finnis…)
Powys Voluntary Sector
Find information here about the 4,000+ voluntary organisations in Powys including how to access the Info-engine database